Tuesday, February 28, 2012

San Luis Obispo Farmers Market


One thing my dad and I would do together, almost on a weekly basis, was walk to the cute little down town in San Luis Obispo. The farmers market took place on Wednesday nights and was an easy walk from our house, though as a kid walking home always seem to take forever! We would pick up some veggies, dried flowers, pistachios, and have a bite from one of the booths selling teriyaki chicken and rice. I always loved walking down to the creek and watching the water, tossing in a few rocks, then we would get frozen yogurt and walk home. Some times my dad would get me a special present, I loved sparkly things even then, so I would pick out a ring or necklace... but one time I got to pick out the best present ever! Someone was giving away baby kittens out of a box at the farmers market. There were a handful of them, but I chose a tabby, who I carried in my sweater home. I named her Tiger, but she was lovingly refereed to as 'Guggamister' mostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment